Windsor has had, and still has, many famous residents, from the obvious (The Queen) to the more obscure (William Shakespeare).
We will try and cover some of the more famous and interesting people who are living in and around Windsor as well as covering the long list of people who have lived here in the past.
There is a rumour that Christina Aguilera is in the process of buying a property in Windsor - full details will follow as soon as this has been confirmed.
Again the rumour mill has it that the new James Bond, Daniel Craig, has recently bought a property in Windsor, although if our sources are to be believed, he has yet to spend any time in this house!!!
1. James Blunt - Recently moved on from Windsor, but he was a Captain in the LifeGuards Household Cavalry Regiment for many years, based in Windsor. His first album "Back to Bedlam" has had several singles released since it was released in 2004, the first being "High". His Army career saw him stationed in Kosovo as part of NATO's peacekeeping force. He then protected the Queen on horseback and the Queen Mother whilst she lay in state. A fellow officer told me that he was so talented that if anyone had a birthday or special event, he would go away and write a quick song about it! The first single from All The Lost Souls is called "1973" and was inspired by Blunt's nights out in a club called Pacha, in Ibiza, which opened that year.
2. Elton John - He has had his home in Old Windsor for many years now and holds many lavish parties in the lovely grounds which are on the edge of the Windsor Great Park. He married his long term boyfriend, David Furnish, in the Guildhall in Windsor on 21st December 2005. He met Elton John at a Halloween party in 1993. David is a Director/Producer and has a successful film career. He is most known for the documentary about Elton John called Tantrums and Tiaras, which gives us a look at Elton as we usually don't see him.
3. Natalie Imbruglia - Now living in Windsor on an Island in the Thames. Started her career in the Australian soap Neighbours. Regularly seen out and about in town.
4. Michael Parkinson - TV presenter and friend to all the stars, he lives outside Windsor in Bray and is often to be seen playing cricket or dining at the Waterside Inn.
5. Lisa Scott Lee - Recently moved on from the teen band Steps to doing solo work.
6. The Queen - A regular visitor to the town. When not in London, on foreign visits or on holiday in Scotland, the Queens' favourite residence is without a doubt Windsor. The Castle fly's her Royal Standard flag when she is in residence. At all other times the Union Jack is flying.
7. William Shakespeare - He lived here for many years writing such plays as "The merry wives of Windsor". He was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, but spent many years here in Windsor as well as London.
8. Rolf Harris - TV presenter and now artist. He produced a new portrait of the Queen in December 2005. Rolf's career on British television has spanned over 50 years. Born in Perth, Western Australia, Rolf has been based in the UK since 1952.
9. Nick Faldo - famous golfer. Moved in near to Elton John.
10. Anna Friel - Former Brookside Actress. Still to be seen eating and drinking regularly in Windsor.
11. Prince Andrew - Recently moved into his grandmothers old house, Royal Lodge, in Windsor Great Park.
12. Terry Wogan - Radio and TV personality. Living Hitcham, Taplow, Bucks.
13. Stephen Triffitt - local actor recently played Frank Sinatra in the hit West End show Rat Pack Live from Las Vegas. He was a former photocopier salesman who leapt to fame when he appeared in a TV talent show called Stars in Their Eyes in 2000.
14. Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin has lived in Windsor for many years after buying the mill house from Michael Caine, and neighbour of Natalie Imbruglia. Update - rumoured to have now left the area, watch this space for more information.....
15. Freddie Starr - Lived in Windsor in the 70's in the famous St Leonards Hill area (born in Huyton on January 9, 1944) he is a zany British comedian who shot to fame after his appearance on the 1972 Royal Variety Performance. He is also an accomplished singer and impressionist. In 1986 he was the subject of a bizarre article in the tabloid the Sun newspaper, entitled "Freddie Starr ate my hamster". He was most recently seen on television as one of the celebrities in the second series of hit ITV1 reality show, Celebrity Fit Club.
16. Heston Blumenthal - Famous restaurateur. Owner and chef in the Fat Duck in Bray, also now owns the Hinds Head Pub in Bray. The Fat Duck is one of only a handful of Michelin 3 Star restaurants in the country.
17.Kris Marshall - is an English actor best known for his role as Nick Harper in My Family and more recently for a string of British Telecom adverts. He has also shown is full support for the local Windsor Campaign to keep the Windsor Fire Station open www.windsorfirestation.co.uk Reported to drink regularly in a certain town centre pub ....Drinking responsibly I'm sure!